(Opt Ed from KY Republican Party)
Yesterday our Republican lawmakers STOOD UP and overrode vetoes on 6 pieces of legislation that will get our state back on track. Time and time again, the governor refused to work with lawmakers and constitutional officers, instead issuing unilateral orders and overreaching on his executive authority. This time, it was our Republican supermajorities who spoke out and said NO MORE!
- Senate Bill 1- Emergency powers reform restores the legislature as a co-equal branch of government stopping Andy Beshear from governing by unilateral actions
- Senate Bill 2 – Reforms administrative regulations limiting regulations and allowing for greater oversight of regulations issued during a state emergency
- House Bill 1 – Sets a framework for reopening our schools and the economy
- House Bill 2 – Protects human life by providing Attorney General Daniel Cameron the authority to seek relief or even penalties against abortion facilities which ensures more protection for unborn children’s rights
- House Bill 3 – Gives Kentuckians a voice in lawsuits against the state meaning instead of having to travel to Frankfort, they can stay in their home county
- House Bill 5 – Expands oversight on the reorganization of boards and agencies – requiring all attempts to reorganize some public entities to be approved by the General Assembly